HubSpot SalesHub is a powerful sales machine. Yet many HubSpot users don’t utilize some of the most efficient sales tools readily available on the platform; they either don’t know these tools exist or are unsure how to implement them.
We’ve recently talked to Josef Rissanen, Senior Account Executive and Team Lead at HubSpot, who shared valuable insights and strategies for leveraging key HubSpot SalesHub features such as Prospecting, Tasks, Sequences, Pipeline, and Documents.
Find the right clients with Prospecting
The main goal of prospecting in B2B is to find accounts that would be a good fit for your business. With HubSpot’s Prospecting feature, you can build your own prospecting workflow. Using columns and filters, you can set up a customized way to view and group your prospects, for example, list companies with annual revenue over a million.
Here are some of the most valuable Prospecting properties you can look into when judging whether a company is worth engaging:
- Recent conversions and intent: Did the prospect come to your website specifically looking for you? Did they just download a resource? Was there some other way that they indicated having a problem you might be able to solve? Assess these elements to see whether the company could be the right client for you.
- Last activity: When was the prospect last active? Are they actively using your service? For example, if a prospect already uses your service's free version and has 15 to 20 users, it indicates readiness for a paid upgrade.
Page views: What did they browse on your website? How much time did they spend on each page? How many times have they visited your website? Evaluate the prospect’s activity to decide whether it makes sense to engage.
Manage daily sales activities with Tasks
The Tasks feature on HubSpot is excellent for managing daily sales activities and setting up reminders to reach out to leads. There are many different ways you can utilize Tasks:
- Create tasks for various activities: calls, emails, and onboarding.
- Start and finish your work day with Tasks. At the end of the day, review and set up tasks you want done the next day. That way, you’ll know what to start with when you get to work the following day.
- Use Tasks as reminders to call or send emails. For example, as you look over your daily conversions and find promising leads, set up tasks to reach out to them. Each task will have the contact connected to it, so you can always access the information about the lead.
- Prioritize tasks and set due dates for efficient time management. You’ll always know what to focus on first.
Automate follow-ups and nurture leads with Sequences
Sequences in HubSpot's SalesHub offer a powerful way to automate and personalize communication with prospects and customers. The tool allows you to automate follow-ups, nurture leads, and enhance the overall customer experience. You can utilize Sequences in two ways: bulk campaigns and individualized engagement.
- Bulk campaigns. For bulk campaigns, Sequences enable you to send targeted offers or messages to a selected group of contacts. By enrolling multiple contacts in a sequence, you can automate the delivery of emails and tasks. This approach is particularly effective for promoting campaigns or specific content to a larger audience.
- Individualized engagement. Personalize sequences to ensure effective communication with leads. For example, after a phone call or a meeting with a prospect, you can enroll the contact in a post-call meeting sequence. This sequence would include a personalized email thanking the prospect for their time and providing a meeting link for further discussion. You can set up subsequent emails and tasks to nurture the relationship and drive the sales process forward.
Beware not to overdo it with Sequences: bombarding contacts with emails can be counterproductive. Maintain simple, personalized messaging and aim to strike the right balance between communication frequency and relevance.
Identify bottlenecks and close deals with the Pipeline
Managing the sales pipeline is essential for you as a sales executive to track and analyze your deals' progress, identify potential bottlenecks, and make informed decisions to close deals successfully. Here’s what you can do with HubSpot’s Pipeline feature:
- Create and customize your sales pipeline to align with your unique sales workflow.
- Get an overview of all deals at different stages to prioritize your efforts and focus on high-value opportunities.
- Define stages, add deal properties, and configure automation rules to streamline pipeline management.
- Set up deal stage probabilities to forecast revenue accurately and identify potential roadblocks in the sales cycle.
- Create tasks, set reminders, and add notes directly within the pipeline. This functionality ensures that critical follow-ups, meetings, and conversations are documented and easily accessible, keeping you organized and engaged with prospects at the right time.
Keep your sales materials organized with Documents
You share proposals, contracts, presentations, and other collateral daily with prospects and customers. HubSpot’s Documents feature simplifies creating, sharing, and tracking sales collateral. Use this tool to:
- Store and organize sales-related documents in a centralized location.
- Track when prospects open and engage with the content, including time spent on each page, sections viewed, and critical interactions.
- Pull analytics to tailor follow-up conversations with prospects and address specific areas of interest or concern, ultimately increasing the chances of closing deals.
- Review and edit documents to ensure accuracy and quality within the sales team.
This blog post is based on a Nordics SaaS HubSpot User Group (HUG) webinar. HUG events help HubSpot users learn from proven inbound business success stories, share best practices, and connect with like-minded professionals facing similar challenges.
Looking for someone to help you with HubSpot?
A well-utilized HubSpot Sales Hub is a powerful tool for B2B sales processes. We can show you the best practices and teach you how to use the many sales features.